Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mallorcan slow roasted lamb

While I have cooked other meats in beer before, I have never tried it with lamb. This is a Spanish peasant dish from an area called Mallorca (pronounced My- york- u) It is traditionally cooked in a wood fired oven.  This is a great dish if you want to throw it in the oven and forget about it for 3 hours.  I simply scored the lamb, seasoned it well, added some sprigs of fresh rosemary and added a basic miraqua  (carrots, celery, onion) I also added some whole garlic cloves.  One bottle of bear along with one and a half bottles of water over the meat, cover with baking paper and foil.  Slow oven 160 degrees, 2 1/2  hours, then 180 degrees for remaining  30 minutes, I served it with a garlic mash of potatoes and some steamed green vegetables.  Unfortunately no pic of final plated dish as my camera's battery died.  It was delicious and I will definitely cook it again, and make sure my battery is charged and ready for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment