Monday, April 19, 2010

Vegolicious!

I remember back in the day when all vegetarian food tended to taste the same, I think it was because just about every item seemed to have an underlying taste of parsnip, great if you like parsnip but all the same it was a bit dull!  Today however Vegos are well catered for.    I had a friend over for lunch a few days ago and this grilled vegetable roll went down a treat.  I used a combination of zucchini, pumpkin and eggplant, I used up the rest of the pickled beetroot I made and blogged about, some yoghurt and a handful of mixed lettuce.  I was in Richmond so picked up some French style bread rolls, but it would be ideal in between some Turkish bread and put in the sandwich press or oven.  Fetta or a tasty style cheese also adds to the taste.  Another tip to save you time at a later date, use the oven to roast more vegetables than you need you then have a supply of roasted vegetables to put on top a pizza for a quick Friday night dinner.  Making pizza dough takes time that we don't always have, so try the large Turkish breads available at most of the major supermarkets, it's quick easy and if you are on a budget a very economical  family meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment